Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Picture and a Plan



This is a photo I took one day while I was goofing around. I call him Mr. Blockhead.

I found a nice site to get backgrounds and other things to customize your blog and yes, they are free! http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ I seriously considered changing mine to a Valentine's Day theme but that day is coming so fast that I thought I should spend what time I can writing instead of fiddling with my blog design. I haven't been writing as much as I had hoped but I know that will change once I get to know a little bit more what readers would enjoy. Also there is the problem of me usually being kind of a private person. I have been online for ten years and 2008 was the first year I posted my picture on a message board or blog. That is me either being brave or stupid, I am still not sure. I would like to have a book of my poems published some day, I have had 2 poems published so far, so I guess I shouldn't be shy to have my face seen. I had permission from my husband and the mother of my Godson to put their picture on here with my poem. Check my archives if you missed it.


I was hoping this would be a place to share scrapbooking tips, freebies and inspiring quotes and stories. So far I haven't been living up to my expectations, but then I always set the bar a bit high for myself. I guess it is good to be always trying harder. I should have anticipated my sick days because I have so many, but I think as time goes on I will be able to recognize a blog worthy thought or moment and get it in type before it flees from my forgetful mind. I write myself a lot of notes to remind myself to do things and end up with so many partial lists all over my house that it really doesn't help me remember things and it just contributes to my clutter.


Okay so I will give you a few sites that have contests and will go back out for a search of more interesting info to write. The contest sites are womansday.com (click on giveaways) Better homes and Gardens which is bhg.com go to sweepstakes, and pointclick.com. Elle.com also has a few contests each month that you can go to through their website or through Womans Day website.

2 comments:

  1. Hi - you are doing a great job. I enjoy reading your blog. You may want to add a free web counter - so you can see how many people are actually stopping by to check it out. Not everyone signs up as follwers, I like to because that way I can instantly see when you have a new post. Don't give up - you are doing great! I love checking out the links you have posted about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I just ran into this on one of the blogs I follow - I thought might be a great opportunity for you and your poems - go check it out.....http://www.my-junk-drawer.com/2009/02/cherish-bound-review-and-story-starter.html

    ReplyDelete