Monday, February 9, 2009

My Poetry and a Shoe Deal

My Thankful Heart

I am thankful this day for the good Lord above,
That he saw fit to give me a heart full of love.
He taught me the love wasn’t meant to stay there.
You can only enjoy the love that you share.

The Lord also gave me eyes open so wide
That I see inside others the pain that they hide.
He gave me the insight to know what to say
When people are saddened to lighten their day.

God gave me compassion so heavy and deep
That night after night I go without sleep.
He gave me great courage and just enough pride
To endure many hardships with Him by my side.

I wrote this one around Thanksgiving time. I hope you like it. It has been published in a newsletter that is put out by a local hospice.
If you have any little ones to buy or win shoes for there is a great contest going on. Check http://simple-finds.com/ for more information and see all of the wonderful kids shoes. They are so cute!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You should write a book of poems! You are really good. You can just feel the compassion being conveyed in your poetry.

    ReplyDelete