Friday, January 23, 2009

This is the day the LORD has made....

Yesterday was a "bad day" as fibromyalgia sufferers label their worse pain filled and sick days. A constant migraine and upset stomach has almost made me 'write in sick' today. Then I saw this verse and decided to pull it together for one late post.

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. " Psalm 118:24

Today I am thankful I was able to get out of bed and shower. Hot showers can really help my aches and pains and the breathing problems I have had lately, so it is a good day when I have the energy to take a nice steamy shower.

I was thankful today for the great ginger tea my friend Sara sent me all the way from North Carolina. It was so helpful when my anti-nausea pill wasn't working.

Today in a brief moment of feeling not so bad, I did a little cleaning (very little), and made some phone calls that needed to be made. Doing housework on a 'bad day' is something that doesn't come easy or often.

Today I started playing around with ideas for my husbands Valentines Day card and realised I hadn't done any papercrafting since my attempt to send everyone I know a homemade Christmas card. The big Christmas list was a bit more than I could chew and I will have to fight for my right to make cards next Christmas. The bit of stamping, embossing, and coloring that I did was good for my soul. Something about creating something from nothing just makes me happy.

I am thankful that I was able to watch a new episode of Smallville without having to run to the bathroom or being otherwise distracted. My hubby and I love that show. Lost is another favorite and if anyone thinks they know what Ben is up to please leave me a comment.

Tomorrow will be a day busy with a doctors appointment and hopefully a trip to the chiropracter for a neck and back adjustment but I hope to come up with something witty to write about to make up for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment