Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Little About Me

A little about me that I may or may not have covered in my profile might be a good way to start this out. Since I have no previous instruction and little knowledge of blog writing I will hope to learn the tricks and codes along the way.
I am disabled by a chronic pain condition and injuries that I have suffered from for sixteen years. I am not able to hold down a job though I have tried to do at least part-time or a 'sometime job'. My pain and constant migraines have and are constantly changing the way I am able to live my life. My various conditions are many so I'm not going to list them all now. What I have learned is happiness and feeling good come from the inside out and we have the power to focus on our blessings or our pitfalls.Although I have to pay attention to all my ailments and injuries in order to manage my health, I can choose to think cheery thoughts and concentrate on the ways I have been blessed or the ways I can help others. I choose the name Blessed and Caressed for my blog because I want to focus on the good feelings in my life not the pain. I am blessed by the Lord to have loving family and friends and I am caressed by the Lords presense in my heart.
I like to write and I have a lot of scrapbook layouts floating around in my head waiting for my energy level and health to permit me to go crazy on them. For now writing is more up my alley so I thought I might give blogging a try. I love stamping and cardmaking.
I am also somewhat of a collector. The term Pack Rat has been used but I'm in denial. I collect miniatures with an emphasis on miniature shoes and musical instruments. I also collect lighthouses, angels, and 'cat art'. I love cats and have cat figurines, plaques, pillows, and even a cat rug.

1 comment:

  1. I am sad to hear of yur ailments, but am happy to see what a positive attitude that you have. You will have a geat time blogging and keeping your mind off things. Good Luck and Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete