Sunday, March 15, 2009

I LOVE MUSIC

I love music and I love so many types of music. I have been missing hearing good quality music because my car radio leaves much to be desired. My computer speakers seem to turn themselves off after 10 minutes of play and then start up again on reboot. It doesn't create the most relaxing way to enjoy music or videos in 10 minute intervals with the 'stereo' sound coming out of speakers that are 12 inches apart from each other. I remember when I was young laying on my bed totally comfortable playing my favorite music and enjoying nothing else. Tonight I am in heaven. I am experiencing my first Ipod. I am hearing good music in good quality at the volume I want to hear it and I feel like I can close my eyes and I'm in the studio or at the concert. I wonder if it is healthy to sleep with earphones in your ears. I've probably done it with headphones at some time in my life. Now I see why all the kids have MP3 players. They're great. If I had one of these when I was a teenager I don't think anybody would have ever heard me speak! I am actually having trouble writing this post because I am too stubborn to turn of the Ipod. How rude I am :-) Just loving all this musical input. I may have to reread this post later and see if it even makes sense.

Here are 27 things to ponder
1. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks? 2. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?3. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know? 4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words? 5. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack? 6. Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing? 7. Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing? 8. Why do "tug" boats push their barges? 9. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there? 10. Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting? 11. Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"? 12. Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected? 13. Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites? 14. Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things? 15. Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds? 16. If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it? 17. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting? 18. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular? 19. If you are cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right? 20. Why is bra singular and panties plural? 21. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead? 22. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase? 23. How come abbreviated is such a long word? 24. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them? 25. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle? 26. Why do they call it a TV set when you only have one? 27. Christmas is very unique - What other time of the year do you sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of your socks?
Goodnight or I guess I should say good morning

1 comment: